– PPG #22 – Eric Kenney & Pissed Jeans. Another wild and fantastic poster for the Philly legends, but hey… was 1 enuff? And, another member of the Awesome Dudes. Eric Kenney is a man on the scene, rising to meet the demand of a hungry public. He publishes his own classic zine –
“Dog Days”, and has a show forthcoming at
Space 1026 in March. Check into more of his work at the corresponding links above and over there to the right. *Be sure to take a look at the crisp, wicked tiger on the closeup shot of this weightlifting “man”.
“By now all rock bands are wise enough to be suspicious of music industry scum.”
- Steve Albini
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged awesome dudes, awesome dudes printing, Bowery Presents, Eric Kenney, Matt Korvette, philadelphia poster guild, Pissed Jeans, Purling Hiss, R5 Productions, steve albini, trophy wife, Union Transfer
- PPG #21 – Kerry Kenney – Shape Denter. Not much is known about this band… apparently they’ve been around since 1997. We were only able to find one recording, a wild demo.
There is an amazing review by Rich Kroneiss of Terminal Boredom in which he admits to this particular Demo as “breaking his spirit.” As for Kerry Kenney, you might know his work better by the name D’noit Airbrush. Shimmy on down to the Spirit Dump, where drinks are always 1/2 off, and grip a stack of SD 5 color screenprints, or purchase right here online.
“If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn’t turn out well for the Native Americans.” - Stephen Hawking
PPG #21 —– Shape Denter – artist: Kerry Kenney — 1/20 – Spirit Dump
PPG #22 —– Pissed Jeans —- artist: Erik Kenney —— 2/08 – Union Transfer
PPG #23 —– War On Drugs – artist: TBA —————– 3/18 – Union Transfer
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged erik kenney, kerry kenney, Kurt Vile, kurt vile & the violators, Matt Korvette, No-Man Records, philadelphia, philadelphia union transfer, Pissed Jeans, R5 Productions, Secretly Canadian, Shape Denter, spirit dump, Sub-Pop, Union Transfer, war on drugs, war on drugs band
- PPG #20 – Box Brown’s – Built to Spill. You may recognize Box Brown’s
work from his wild and prolific comic imprint –
According to Box, this print
is inspired by the BTS song “Randy Described Eternity.” Come on down to Union Transfer and grip up on this sick (4) color screenprint, printed by the amazing
Eric Kenney over at Awesome Dudes Printing. check into more of Box’s work (including a wicked Marc Maron print!) at the link above.
“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.” – Carl Sagan
– PPG #19 – Tim Gough’s Animal Collective (2) night stint at Union Transfer, Philadelphia. Tim’s wild stylings are felt extensively on this print. His use of
transparent inks, overlapp-
ing hues, and distinct shapes & patterns on this Griffin stand fast. Check into more of his work HERE.
This month marks one year since PPG realization. we’ll be gearing up to take it easy over the winter, but we will be bringing it Strong this fall. stay tuned for PPG #20 – Box Brown’s – Built to Spill print, and perhaps a few more before Winter’s icy grip is upon us.
“It will not always be summer; build barns.” - Hesiod
– PPG #18 – Andrew Jeffrey Wright. Androgynous workout to NO Age at PhilaMOCA. Come on down and tear into this print, if you have a ticket…
It’s Sold Out I believe.
But fear not, these will be made available at the show, online, and in A.K.A. soon enough.
If you are not familiar with AJW’s art & comedy stylings, check into them HERE.
NEXT: Tim Gough – Animal Collective
“In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons.” - Herodotus
- PPG #17 –
Steve ESPO Powers… Local Philadelphia people taking it to City Hall for a free outdoor event of some stature. There will be (100) free posters available first come.
- We know there was a Kurt Vile print just the other month, but this opportunity presented itself, and with Steve Powers as part of the Guild, we agreed and henceforth, another !
- This show is organized by the Philadelphia Office of Arts, Culture, and Creative Economy… made possible by the Knight Arts Challenge, and the William Penn Foundation.
- We would like to thank Matador Records and Rennie Jaffe for making this poster possible. Check into more of Steve Powers work HERE.
And… maybe some people at this event will be so inclined as to let the mayor know, that we know.. and HE knows, that Governor Corbett is a rascal who is set on destroying the planet and throwing the school district under a short bus.
don’t do it Mayor Nutter.
NEXT UP: #18 – NO Age – Andrew Jeffrey Wright
“Philadelphians are a gritty, tough people who will help you when you’re down.” – Mayor Nutter
– Not much happening with PPG at the moment… A wild poster from Kerry Kenney
due henceforth…forthwith…Forthcoming PPG artists (clockwise) – Ben Woodward, Eric Kenney, Tim Gough, Andrew Jeffrey Wright. Get ready for some big announcements coming up soon.
“Evil hiding among us is an ancient theme.” – John Carpenter
– PPG #16 – Hawk Krall‘s Black Flag Poster… As Hawk says himself, “I pretty much went to art school in the hopes of one day doing a Black Flag poster…”
And even though, its 20, 30, 40 + years later… This show will be sure to shred with many an Olde Head slaking their thirst with cheap, tasty brews.
Saunter on down to the Union Transfer and get a mouthful of some dude’s armpit hair, wash it down with some beers and take home a sick limited edition, signed and numbered Hawk Krall original! check in to more of Hawk’s insano art HERE.
“Most good things happen with time; especially music, which needs time to breathe
and to find its own way.”- Greg Ginn
– PPG #15 – Rotten Sound – Finland’s own Grindcore/Metal set to slay at the Barbary – May 21st.
Robb Leef is the man behind this dangerous poster, look into his work HERE. Lots of wicked half-tones and stipple shading. Robb is also a member of the powerful Masthead Studios family of screen printers.
This show is all ages, and features (4) other wild bands
- Hellshock, Kromosom, Nomad, & Wake
NEXT: Black FLag (artist: Hawk Krall)
R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman