– Last minute
Archers Of Loaf poster collabo by Mike Perry & Woody Harrington. Catch some 90’s tanite, grasp hold of this (4) color screenprinted paper tangibility. Check into more work from this duo on their Instagrams – @woodyharrington
& @mike_l_perry respectively.
“Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.”
– PPG #27 – Box Brown – another righteous jam from Philly’s premier wrestling artist. Pile drive your way to this sold out gig, elbow drop onto a poster, roll your eyes at this cheeky wrestling word play, and enjoy the show. more PPG to come, new artists, old artists, etc. If you are a Philly resident interested in the PPG, please drop us a line.
“I don’t like to speak badly of people. I have grown up thinking and being told that if you cannot say something nice about someone, you shouldn’t say anything at all. But I must break that rule because I hate Hulk Hogan very much. He is a big ugly goon and I want to squash his face.” – Andre The Giant
– PPG #26 – A long and short summer hiatus is squashed, and PPG is back with Daniel Hughes’ – Strand Of Oaks Double
Sold Out show(s) at Boot & Saddle. Grip a stack of these crisp slabs of hefty print at the show(s), or in the PPG store up on the bar up there. check into more of Dan’s steadfast work HERE. not sure whats next, but stay tuned…
“There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition.” – Rod Serling
-PPG #25 — Jim Vail, also known as – FNU Clone, slayed this wild Watery Love poster much to their liking…This particular print is great for many reasons, least of which is the known fact that this is PPG #25, a good solid number to take us into a summer hiatus. Furthermore, this is the record release for Locals beyond Local band
Watery Love‘s “Decorative Feeding” LP on the stalwart label – In The Red Records…and some re-released 7″‘s on another Philadelphia Local Locale Richie Records//Testostertunes. At the top of that list of reasons is Jim Vail, Jim is one of the most formidable Collage-ers in the lower 48, as well as a wicked painter, illustrator, and musician… responsible for the Philly by way of San Francisco – FNU Ronnies. Shimmy down to PhilaMOCA and grip one of these badboys for cheap! We got 1, maybe 2 of these savage Blacklight prints available, 1st come, 1st served. Stick around before-hand and enjoy Montanans – Mordecai, & Philly-heads – Igneous Eyes.
“Like it or not, everything is changing. The result will be the most wonderful experience in the history of man or the most horrible enslavement that you can imagine. Be active or abdicate. The future is in your hands.” – Milton William Cooper
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged FNU CLone, FNU Ronnies, Igneous Eyes, In The Red Records, Jim Vail, Jim Veil, Montana, Mordecai, philadelphia, philaMOCA, Richie Charles, Richie Records, Testostertunes, Wantage USA
– PPG #24 – Philadelphia artist Loren Kole does it up for Perfect Pussy. This band kicks serious ass, a fury of unrelenting energy will flow into the basement of the 1st Uni. on April 25th. Do not miss out on this show, or this shredding poster. Check into more of Loren’s print work, as well as some great etchings, wheat pastes, and the like at the above link. We’d Like to thank Grace Ambrose (Lady Fest) for hooking us up with some more women artists for this project.
NEXT UP: Jim Vail — Watery Love – record release show.
“People who shop in health food stores never look healthy.” – Amy Sedaris
– PPG #23 – We tried a few times to get a poster done for this radical Philadelphia band… and you know us, we are local, and we like to support our local bands. After a few setbacks, and the clock running out of time, our grunt worker Rodger Binyone struck a thought, and then a sketch which turned into this poster. All funds received from this print will go to the PPG coffers to help support future projects and prints. drop over to Union Transfer, grip a copy of The War On Drugs new LP, and take home a (4) color, 18″ x 24″ screenprint.
“Nobody understands me, I’m really sensitive.” – Iggy Pop
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged Adam Granduciel, Kurt Vile, Kurt VIle and the Violators, lost in the dream, philadelphia, R5 Productions, Secretly Canadian, slave ambient, The War On Drugs, Union Transfer, wagonwheel blues, war on drugs
– PPG #22 – Eric Kenney & Pissed Jeans. Another wild and fantastic poster for the Philly legends, but hey… was 1 enuff? And, another member of the Awesome Dudes. Eric Kenney is a man on the scene, rising to meet the demand of a hungry public. He publishes his own classic zine –
“Dog Days”, and has a show forthcoming at
Space 1026 in March. Check into more of his work at the corresponding links above and over there to the right. *Be sure to take a look at the crisp, wicked tiger on the closeup shot of this weightlifting “man”.
“By now all rock bands are wise enough to be suspicious of music industry scum.”
– Steve Albini
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged awesome dudes, awesome dudes printing, Bowery Presents, Eric Kenney, Matt Korvette, philadelphia poster guild, Pissed Jeans, Purling Hiss, R5 Productions, steve albini, trophy wife, Union Transfer
– PPG #21 – Kerry Kenney – Shape Denter. Not much is known about this band… apparently they’ve been around since 1997. We were only able to find one recording, a wild demo.
There is an amazing review by Rich Kroneiss of Terminal Boredom in which he admits to this particular Demo as “breaking his spirit.” As for Kerry Kenney, you might know his work better by the name D’noit Airbrush. Shimmy on down to the Spirit Dump, where drinks are always 1/2 off, and grip a stack of SD 5 color screenprints, or purchase right here online.
“If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn’t turn out well for the Native Americans.” – Stephen Hawking
PPG #21 —– Shape Denter – artist: Kerry Kenney — 1/20 – Spirit Dump
PPG #22 —– Pissed Jeans —- artist: Erik Kenney —— 2/08 – Union Transfer
PPG #23 —– War On Drugs – artist: TBA —————– 3/18 – Union Transfer
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged erik kenney, kerry kenney, Kurt Vile, kurt vile & the violators, Matt Korvette, No-Man Records, philadelphia, philadelphia union transfer, Pissed Jeans, R5 Productions, Secretly Canadian, Shape Denter, spirit dump, Sub-Pop, Union Transfer, war on drugs, war on drugs band
– PPG #20 – Box Brown’s – Built to Spill. You may recognize Box Brown’s
work from his wild and prolific comic imprint –
According to Box, this print
is inspired by the BTS song “Randy Described Eternity.” Come on down to Union Transfer and grip up on this sick (4) color screenprint, printed by the amazing
Eric Kenney over at Awesome Dudes Printing. check into more of Box’s work (including a wicked Marc Maron print!) at the link above.
“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.” – Carl Sagan